Measuring for a Balance Harness
We size Balance Harnesses by the Girth Measurement of a dog.
Don't just try to guess by breed type - there's lots of variation in sizes of individual dogs, so a Girth Measurement will get the right size harness first time.
Check the picture below to see where the "Girth Measurement" should be taken.
Use a soft tape measure.
Place the tape measure around your dog's body, just behind the front legs.
Pull it to be a tight, snug fit and read off the measurement.
Now check the chart below, to select the correct size.
|Balance Harness||Min (cm)||Max (cm)|
|Mini||40 (cm)||50 (cm)|
|Small||47 (cm)||63 (cm)|
|Medium||55 (cm)||72 (cm)|
|Large||66 (cm)||95 (cm)|
|Extra Large||92 (cm)||124 (cm)|
|Balance Harness||Min (inches)||Max (inches)|
|Mini||15½ (Inches)||19½ (Inches)|
|Small||18½ (Inches)||25 (Inches)|
|Medium||21½ (Inches)||28 (Inches)|
|Large||26 (Inches)||37½ (Inches)|
|Extra Large||35½ (Inches)||50 (Inches)
Balance Training Pack - Xtra Large **NEW** Includes BRAND NEW Double-Ended Lead 1.5m Strong Stainless Steel
Balance Harness - 25mm wide Girth, 25mm wide front chest webbing - adjustable for girth 92cm to 124cm.
NEW **XLARGE Training Pack w/ Double-Ended 1.5m Strong Stainless Steel Lead - Available NOW
The Balance Harness is a training tool and should be used as part of a training program to reduce your dog's tendency to pull on lead.
If you are looking for a more genaral purpose Harness, then look at our Dog Harness.
- Do not use this Balance Harness to tether your dog ! Check-out the Dog Harness
- Do not use this Balance Harness as a restraint in a Car! Check-out the Dog Harness
- Do Not use this Balance Harness with a lead longer than 2 metres! Check-out the Dog Harness
- The Balance Harness might break if you use it with any of the above, so that's why we suggest you Check-Out the Dog Harness.
New Balance Training Pack - Includes our NEW Double-Ended Lead 1.5m Strong Stainless Steel- Size Regular. Colour matched to Harness.
Specify alternate Lead Colour in Comments Section at Check Out, if required.
Balance Harness - for training Walking Control with pulling dogs.
The Black Dog Balance Harness helps stop your dog pulling on lead - it helps you train your dog to balance correctly on all four feet and not rely on the lead - They learn to walk comfortably without the need to pull.
- Gently Stops Dogs Pulling and allows Effective Training
- Control from the Front and the Back, using a Double Ended Lead
- or Just Connect at the Front, with a normal lead.
- Easy to Fit and adjust - comfortable and strong.
- Restores Balance and allows Effective Lead Training.
A great Walking Harness, and an effective training alternative for dogs with neck issues, or if a head halter is not appropriate.
If your dog is an escape artist, you may also like to consider a Connector Strap as back-up security - they are easily attached as backup security on Balance Harnesses - connected between the Front D Ring (orBack D Ring) and clipped to the dog's collar.